Today we explore the Soundtrack of My Life with Lingesvaran Eco Varan – coder and writer, into role playing games, writing screenplays, book reviews, author-wannabe, android development, web apps development and wireless hardware techie.
His top 10 list goes like this :
1. Rush – Red Barchetta
One of my favourite Rush songs, reminds me of the times I had zooming around on my bike, just to annoy people.
2. U2 – With Or Without You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmSdTa9kaiQ): Bono’s haunting voice and the lyrics; to me, no other song can describe actual love and obsession more.
3. The Police – Wrapped Around Your Finger : Fantasy, wizardry and domination ? And the video, need I say more?
4. Sting – Wild Wild Sea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZb4AnCQ1f0): I first heard this when I was really depressed during my uni days. The vision of his father at the prow of a rocking ship on a wild sea ? Haunting and humbling.
5. Joe Satriani – Always With Me, Always With You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM): Erm … nostalgia, heartache and longing … during a sad chapter of my life.
6. Tears For Fears – Head Over Heels : Happy times, right before the aforesaid sad chapter
7. U2 – The Unforgettable Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9IBkjWCg8w): Strange favourite, I know, but one of those songs that portrays bleak skies, forlorn castle ruins on the edge of a sheer Irish coastal cliff.
8. Queen – The Show Must Go On (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU): What can I say ? Roger Taylor was in tears during the tribute concert.
9. Pink Floyd – High Hopes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMhkr-cgnHU): High hopes, betrayal, burnt bridges; times of anger, times when I felt really alone.
10. Led Zeppelin – The Song Remains The Same : Again, I like this better than the ubiquitous Stairway song. Plant and Page are magnificent on this one, me thinks.
This is a new section that the Bite My music team has launched to showcase songs that have defined a persons life over the years. We invite you to share your own Top 10 list of songs (in any language) that have played a part in your life, songs that have motivated you, been a friend during those highs and lows, songs that connected with you during a heartbreak, songs that have fueled you with zest,songs that kickass to songs that deserved to be shared with the world.
You may also share your top 10 songs based on decades (60s,70s,80s,etc) or even genres (soul,rock,rap,electronica,etc).
Dont follow what critics have put out, instead allow those songs to flow from you.No matter how weird, wacky, disturbing or even silly, if it meant something to you, then it deserves to be listened to and watched,
Do email us at email@example.com with the title being SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE. Please include full name, country and designation (or include your band name and your role in it). It would be even better if for some songs you penned a remark as to why you love the song and why it meant something to you.Also if you have the time,do include any youtube or weblinks of where we can watch or listen to the songs if its available on the net.
We will publish all lists weekly.